The client’s ambitious mid-term targets required alignment to new target groups and coordination across various business units.
- Global user segmentation was developed based on needs and attitudes, together with an international market research organisation.
- Creation of presentation material, personas, and mood boards, to establish a consistent understanding within the company and a new way of addressing the target groups.
- A roadshow was used to present ideas to the internal stakeholders and to instigate innovative product, marketing, and sales activities.
- Collaboration with analytics specialists to develop an algorithm for identifying target groups in databases and other studies.
Outcome and Impact
- The management team focused the expansion strategy on three out of eight consumer segments.
- A company-wide initiative was set in motion, enabling various units to align themselves to the requirements of the target groups.
- Brand positioning was tweaked to better address the target group needs.
- Most of the ambitious development objectives were achieved.
- Segmentation served as a compass to guide the business unit for five years.