To reverse critical developments in own-brand retail within this sector, strategy development was reinforced with growth-relevant consumer potential. Decisions between stakeholders were made even more quickly.
- Cross-referenced various research streams; coordinated consumer research within tight budgets and timeframes.
- The research results were used to design a chapter for the strategy document in coordination with decision-makers.
- The case study on the approach and implications was published on the company intranet, for stronger buy-in of the strategy within the business.
Outcome and Impact
- The well-founded and consumer-orientated business area strategy was developed and approved by the board within six months.
- Support from the marketing and sales departments during strategic redirection.
- A clear increase of top- and bottom-line was achieved within 18 months with the aid of successful new products and effective communication measures.